Senior Structural Engineer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Adlington
Adlington is a multi-award-winning developer of specialist high quality retirement accommodation comprising of multi-storey privately owned apartments. Adlington is part of the respected Gladman Group with over 30 years of development experience.
You'll be joining a close-knit team of engineers that work within the company's multi-discipline environment of Land Buyers, Architects, Contractors, Purchasers and Project Managers, all within the same office.
As a Senior Structural Engineer your role will primarily be focused on the structural aspects of the award-winning Adlington Retirement Living developments. From supporting the due diligence when purchasing land, through to building the projects on site, working at Gladman will enable you to broaden your development. Tasks to include;
* Acting as a Lead Project Engineer with minimal supervision
* Collaborating with the multi-disciplined design team to steer the evolving designs
* Producing conceptual and detailed design in masonry, concrete, steel and timber
* Providing structural packages for costing and tendering along with responding to associated queries
* Liaising with the 'in house' construction team to ensure practical and cost-effective solutions
* Undertaking Technical Design Reviews of colleague's projects
* Complying with designer's duties under the CDM Regulations
What will I need to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role?
* Be a registered Chartered Engineer (CEng)
* A minimum BEng (Hons) in Civil / Structural Engineering (or equivalent), accompanied by proven post-qualification experience in Structural Engineering
* Good knowledge of structural detailing and construction techniques
* Good experience of using AutoCAD and / or Revit software
* Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
The quality focused, family run business continues to make significant investment into employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on team work and open communication. Each member of the growing workforce of over 200, is valued by the experienced and approachable Management Team, and support is provided for career development.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, your starting salary will be in the region of £50,000 to £60,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications, plus you will have the potential to earn performance-related bonuses.
Attractive benefits include complementary 3-course lunch daily at the onsite bistro, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% employer pension contributions, private healthcare, Wellness programme, and a wide variety of social events including a running club.
You'll be working from prestigious offices in Congleton, Cheshire - which are conveniently located within easy reach of the M6 and M56. Employed on a permanent, full time contract, you will have the option of compressed hours over a 9-day fortnight, with flexible start and finish times around the core hours.
All applications for this Senior Structural Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
BRC Promotions Ltd
The Recruitment Link Ltd
Bennett and Game Recruitment LTD