Senior Design Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Job Title: Senior Design Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: #374a
Start Date: January 2019
Salary: To £75k basic plus competitive package
Company & Project: Top 10 main contractor operating in the Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Defence and Leisure & Retail sectors on a national basis, are seeking to recruit a Senior Design Manager to complement their Design team.
Our client is arguably the busiest contractor in the East Anglian market for both number and value of projects. They have posted strong financial results for the past 5 years on a national and regional basis, and have experienced a period of exponential organsiational growth in the past 18 months.
The design function is one of the largest in the area, which a clear pathway for promotion and personal development.
Duties & Responsibilities: The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing the full design process, supervising consultants, subcontractors and suppliers - from initial outline design, through to contract award, and construction delivery completion.
This candidate should have an excellent knowledge of BIM, BREEAM and value engineering techniques, in addition to a portfolio of tendered and live project design management.
A process driven individual, with practical construction knowledge, and a keen eye for detail is an essential skillset for this role.
* Extensive experience as a Senior Design Manager on complex construction projects in excess of £20m+.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience with Top 50 construction main contractor's in Design Management roles.
* Strong track record delivering large Education projects, procured from frameworks, would be a distinct advantage.
* Adept with the appointment and supervision of external consultants, from all technical disciplines.
* Exceptional knowledge of key design management processes, including both BIM and BREEAM.
* Previous Roles: Senior Design Manager OR Design Manager OR Senior Design Co-ordinator OR Architect OR Architectural Technician OR Designer.
Qualifications & Skills: Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture from a recognised institution at 2:1 or better. A strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit is essential.
Application Process: If you would like more information on this Senior Design Manager position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is of interest.
Services advertised by Apple Technical Recruitment are that of an Employment Agency/Business