Associate Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Job Title: Associate QS
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: #467
Start Date: January 2019
Salary: To £65k basic plus competitive package
Company & Project: Medium sized, multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating in the Commercial, Education, and Healthcare sectors on a national basis, are seeking to recruit an experienced an effective Associate Quantity Surveyor to complement their Commercial Management team, based in Essex.
Our client has an enviable track record in the market carrying out work for both private and public clients - ranging from large new build, D&B and refurbishment projects, through to smaller value design & construction commissions.
The business has a demonstrable track record for regular promotions internally, and have a genuine focus on people and their respective career development. Regular team building, and workplace incentives, are a key part of the working culture.
Duties & Responsibilities: The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing the Commercial function, and will be expected to manage key client relationships.
Previous experience in commercially managing projects from £500k to £10m is essential, along with a strong working knowledge of producing BOQ's under SMM7 and NRM format.
A background working within multi-disciplinary consultancies would also be a distinct advantage.
* Minimum 10 years+ experience as a QS on Construction projects up to £10m.
* Good knowledge of JCT & NEC contracts for Design & Build projects, previous experience of 2 stage tenders is advantageous.
* Excellent negotiation skills and previous experience producing BOQ's under SMM7 and NRM format.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, along with the clear experience managing key client relationships.
* Previous Roles: Associate QS OR Senior Quantity Surveyor OR Project QS OR Quantity Surveyor.
Qualifications & Skills: Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognised institution at 2:1 or better. MRICS status, or working towards becoming Chartered would also be beneficial.
Application Process: If you would like more information on this Associate Quantity Surveyor position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is of interest.
Services advertised by Apple Technical Recruitment are that of an Employment Agency/Business