Senior Site Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Job Title: Senior Site Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: #449
Start Date: February 2019
Salary: To £55k basic plus competitive package
Company & Project: Top 10 main contractor operating in the Commercial, Education, Government Buildings, Healthcare, Defence, and Leisure & Retail sectors on a national basis, are seeking to recruit an experienced and effective Senior Site Manager to complement their construction delivery team, based on a live project in Cambridgeshire.
The company is one of the largest globally in the Construction industry, with clear proven corporate governance, and HR/personnel procedures. They have an ethos of being selective in regards to tendering for work and try to ensure reasonable profitability on each project.
Duties & Responsibilities: The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing an Education project c£8m in single value, a fast-track D&B project under JCT form of contract.
Managing all site management functions for the project, through to practical construction delivery of the project, and any subsequent snagging and defects work. The Pre Construction design is complete with a start date on site of late February 2019.
Previous experience in managing projects £5m+ as No1 SM is essential, along with a strong working knowledge of H&S, quality build with low defects, and good client facing skills.
* Previously held Senior Site Manager roles with recognised Top 100 Main Contractors.
* Experienced in delivering Construction projects in excess of £5m+ within the Education sector.
* Ideally from a Trade or Site Engineering background, including a BSc in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
* Strong people management skills, experience in leading teams of c10 staff, including solid technical knowledge of short term programming, construction methodology and health & safety.
* Previous Roles: Project Manager OR Construction Manager OR Senior Site Manager OR Site Manager.
Qualifications & Skills: Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognised institution at 2:1 or better.
Application Process: If you would like more information on this Senior Site Manager position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is of interest.
Services advertised by Apple Technical Recruitment are that of an Employment Agency/Business