Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Quantity Surveyor required to join a new office, for one of the fastest growing Civil Engineering companies! You can not only work towards and become a Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS & ICE), you will also have a shot at becoming a Lead Quantity Surveyor for the new Region and receive regular and ongoing external training.
The company ethos is to give everyone a voice and a genuine say in the way the company operates. They treat their labourer on site in the same way as a company director. It has maintained a family feel culture, but outwardly they are prolific industry leaders and are at the forefront of the innovation.
Projects range from £100k - £3m and are NEC form of contract varying from junction remodelling to motorway duct work.
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned projects to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
* Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Group's policies for risk management
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all of Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management
* Promote the companies values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
* NEC experience and change control experience
* Experience within a similar role
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
The company offer upper quartile salaries with a car allowance or company car. Contracted Hours: 5-day week, Mon-Fri 8.30 - 5:00pm
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per annum, plus 8 day's bank holidays.
Entitlement to the Company Healthcare and pension schemes following completion of your probationary period. Yearly but discretionary bonus
Annual attendance to a spectacular family company social event!
Entitlement to a company car allowance with monthly mileage fuel payments.12 Monthly annual company reviews of all salaries.
There are several other perks and social events which can be discussed...
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us
Cityscape Recruitment Ltd