Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Due to the nature of the projects, you must have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. You will be supervising and mentoring a team of junior engineers and technician staff and leadership experience will be an essential criteria.
Due to the scope of projects, this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge.
* Report to and take direction from the head of the Civil and Structural Engineering section of the firm
* Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure they are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set
* Act as Lead or Sole Designer as appropriate to size of particular project
* Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc as required in connection with the running of projects
* Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables as appropriate
* Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the team
* Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports in good English on findings with appropriate recommendations
* When required, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
* Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
* Assist in preparing design programmes for production deliverables
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* A Degree specifically in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Member of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
* Minimum of 5 years design experience on building structures projects in UK
* Experience of leading a team including junior engineers and technicians
* Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
* Experience of refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work
* Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction
* Able to produce written reports in good English
* Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc)
* Hold current UK driving licence
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only applicants matching the vacancy criteria will be responded to.
Pioneer Selection Ltd
Pioneer Selection Ltd
New Appointments Group