Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Anonymous
Mt client specialises in specialises in the design, manufacture and construction of permanent buildings.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Working on a number of specialist off-site design and build projects ranging in value from £1m to £8m, undertaking works as principal contractor / specialist design and build contractor, across multiple sectors.
The role will work closely with the Contract Manager and take an active role in the pre-construction and planning phase of contracts and manage the construction phase from inception to handover.
* Experience Project Managing Education projects
* Experience in Design and Build Contracts
* Strong communication skills
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
Manage projects to programme/budget
* Managing key sites. Managing site specific projects with the site managers.
* Review, update and baseline contract programmes regularly to manage actual v programme.
* Provide regular progress reports to internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensure all activities on site are managed in line with the costed Preliminaries Schedule for the specific project.
* Ensure Site Instructions are received for works additional to scope of works.
* Attend site progress meetings with client/customer representative(s) as required.
* Liaise with commercial department with regard to variations and cost issues.
Complete projects incident and injury free
Ensure that the H&S Manager visits regularly.
Ensure adequate H&S training for site managers.
Identify H&S issues when visiting sites.
Ensure adequate PPE provision on sites
Ensure all work carried out is in line with the relevant method statements/risk assessments.
Complete projects to agreed specification and quality
* Inspect quality of work as sites progress.
* Feedback to factory to improve quality/level of work achieved prior to delivery.
* Ensure benchmark set for site management to achieve.
* Liaise with client in determining quality and snagging regime.
* Feedback issues to enable design and quality improvements.
Manage and co-ordinate subcontractors to achieve the above
* Appraise sub-contractors of programme requirements.
* Ensure contractors complete work in line with their method statements/risk assessments.
* Ensure adequate resource available to achieve all programme requirements.
* Appraise contractors' performance for programme/quality and feedback for future contracts.
* Discuss performance with site manager(s) to assess competence.
* Inspect quality of work for all contractors during progress of their works.
* Agree benchmark with client/customer representative(s)
* Ensure feedback to Operations Manager regarding defects upon delivery to improve quality/level of work achieved in the factory.
* Ensure feedback to Operations Manager regarding design defects for continual improvement.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Good understanding of developing project programmes using MS Project software
* Production of risk assessments and production of RAMS
* Good understanding of managing health, safety, welfare and environmental issues throughout the project lifecycle
* Strong customer facing skills and communication with the client and all team members throughout every project
* Experience in demolition works
* Ability to work as part of a team
Grosvenor Maxwell Ltd
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd
Neo Recruitment Ltd.
Intersect Global Ltd
Girling Jones Ltd