Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician to be home-based in the South East of England or at our plant in Worcester, Worcestershire.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
* Ensuring Safe Operation and Legal Compliance of the sites.
* Ensuring All Legal Inspections are carried out before the Due Date, using SAP as the planning tool.
* Respond to planned Maintenance in a timely manner
* Maintain documentation both written and electronic
* Provide support for UK&I Customer Engineering Customers & IG Operations, equipment would include but not limited to the following:
* Process plant instrumentation of various types (e.g. pressure, temperature, flow, level, measurement, Gas detection, Shutdown systems)
* Controls systems such PLC
* Analysers of various types
* Control and switching valves of various types
* Pneumatic Control Systems
* Instrumentation in ATEX Zone Areas, to include protection methods for EExd and EEXia systems.
* Diagnostic tools- multi meters
The Maintenance Technician job holder will be part of a Call Out Rota in support of the Customer Engineering Customers and will be expected to be able to respond to Emergency Call outs 24/7.
As a Maintenance Technician you will ideally have:
* C.S.E Maths, English and Science min grade C.
* Has served a recognised Instrument Electrical apprenticeship.
* HNC or NVQ equivalent in Electrical Electronic Engineering.
* Proven experience in a customer facing role.
* Minimum 2 to 5 years operating in a Service / Installation field role.
* Strong written communication skills.
* Can work remotely and able to travel frequently.
* Self-motivated independent worker.
* Able to work at pace under pressure.
* IT literate with experience of SAP, Microsoft Office programmes.
* Qualified to work on Field Instrumentation in Flammable Atmospheres- COMPEX Approved.
* Qualified to carry out Electrical Inspection and Test on electrical systems.
* Working knowledge of PLC controlled systems, including fault finding and remote integration.
* Knowledge of working in Industrial Gas / Oil Industry environment.
* Experience on working on Pressurised Systems in compliance with PSSR 2000 legislation.
What We Offer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
In return, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish at Air Products by clicking apply to the job
CDS Recruitment ltd
Pioneer Selection Ltd
PDA Search & Selection
Ford & Stanley Limited