Principal Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Sep 6, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Principal Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. Candidate will perform a range of activities required to design, implement, maintain and continuously automate a large, complex cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will define and lead the implementation and operationalization of a world class cloud and on-premise infrastructure. In this role you develop high level frameworks that align an organization's IT infrastructure with processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of operations..
Mapping the relationships between information systems components (ie, end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software, and networks)
Identifying key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms
Ensuring the infrastructure is highly reliable, operationally simple, resilient in the face of security threats, and efficient for development teams
Evaluating the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives
Managing projects/processes, working independently with limited supervision.
Coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level professionals.
Finding solutions to difficult and complex problems.
Working with security and development teams to drive consensus and finalize solution designs
Support demonstrating compliance through participating in regulatory and internal audit exams
Work in close partnership with our development & product delivery teams to enable self-service while preserving the necessary guard rails that ensure resiliency and proactive cloud cost management.
Build practices that increase on time delivery with tangible measures of quality while the outcomes of doing so must bolster OCC's resiliency, uptime, availability, and security.
Create technical and product assets/diagrams that possess patterns of modularity and extensibility that enable self service
Develop the information architecture that enables the designs to be reusable assets that facilitate solution adoption and effective change management
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as an architect within the financial industry and/or at a highly complex regulated technology organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of delivery of enterprise class cloud-based technologies and solutions, ideally AWS, and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) concepts and technology is essential, Terraform Enterprise knowledge is a plus.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus
- Depth and breadth of experience leading in a highly dynamic technology and business landscape.
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology strategy to deliver business outcomes; ability to conceive and implement enterprise-wide strategies and manage the associated governance processes.
- Deep knowledge and expertise with IAC (Infrastructure as Code) architecture and design in a hybrid environment (AWS/on-premises)
- Architecting components of traditional on-premises distributed systems (storage, network, compute)
- Understanding and applying the concept of least privilege to solution design
- Effective influence driving change across direct and indirect areas of accountability
- Experience developing and maintaining infrastructure as code,
- Familiarity with Kafka, Kubernetes, TFE