Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by The MEL Group
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant to join the team at Didsbury Engineering, based in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours per week. At Didsbury Engineering, you will also be entitled to the flexible working scheme.
Working under the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include the following:
* Acting as first point of contact for finance via phone, letter and email
* Sales ledger tasks including liaising with customers regarding outstanding payments
* Purchase ledger tasks including coding of invoices, managing supplier payments
* Balance Sheet Reconciliations; bank, accruals and prepayments, payroll control accounts
* General Reconciliations; company credit and fuel cards etc.
* Vat Returns, EC Sales Listing and Intrastat reporting
* Build and maintain a professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders including auditors, tax advisors and HMRC representatives
* Ensure all undertaken work is GDPR compliant and business expectations surrounding confidentiality are always observed
* Deputise for the Finance Manager, in their absence, regarding Payroll processing and queries
* Adhoc Finance administration and project work as required
Ideally, you will have:
* AAT level 3 Qualification or Higher or equivalent experience
* Previous experience working in a SME
The successful candidate must be computer literate and able to use standard office software. You will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise a busy workload. You'll have a confident and positive attitude to all customers (both internal and external) and a flexible approach to your work.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking