Assistant Management Accountant
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to refuse management, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will touch, see and benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
We provide a range of professional, civil engineering, construction and maintenance services across the utilities sector into clients such as United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power and National Grid. Managing and delivering big project solutions as well as repair and maintenance activities, Amey are a renowned, respected and innovative tier 1 supplier across the industry.
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant to join the Amey Utilities Finance Team. These fantastic new positions would suit highly motivated and ambitious individuals who are looking to join a dynamic and forward thinking Finance team. You role will be to support in the delivery of the Management accounting service to the business, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality support is provided for all internal and external accounting and reporting requirements, ensuring all support is delivered to a high standard and in accordance to reporting timescales. Support will also be given towards achieving ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
What will this role involve?
* Monthly management account preparation
* Monthly analysis of key accounts and provide correcting reallocations
* Posting of key group and divisional allocations into the company accounting system
* Posting of Accruals and Prepayments
* Ensuring accuracy of all financial transactions across all areas of responsibility
* Preparation of Balance sheet reconciliations
* Year end audit analysis
What are we looking for?
* Experience gained within utilities, outsourced service industries or construction preferable
* Strong IT skills including intermediate level ability with Excel and experience of using SAP or similar accounting software.
* Currently studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification preferred.
* Experience of analysing and interrogating complex data sets.
* Experience of Journal postings involving high volume of low value transactions
* Balance Sheet reconciliation preparation
* Ability to work independently with minimum direction
* Ability to engage with wide range of stakeholders
* Working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of quality and detail
Mandeville Retail Limited
Character Options Ltd