Senior Testing Engineer, IT Operations - B668
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private health care for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Testing Engineer.
In this role, you will:
* Lead multiple scrum teams in the adoption of Agile practices with regards to functional testing with a particular focus on automation, re-use and strategies for regressing testing
* Develop and integrate automation frameworks into our pipeline coving end to end testing from front end UI, through API's down to mainframe systems ensuring high requirement coverage is met
* Provide leadership for the Testing discipline within first direct IT - defining toolsets and best practise and ensuring effective adoption including the use of TDD and BDD methodologies
* Act as an escalation point for testing issues in the delivery team, resolving technical issues raised from the scrum and project teams
* Play a key role in leadership of the Engineering discipline at first direct, helping define and implement best practices and standards in the cross functional teams.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Transitioning teams into Agile working and/or leading a team towards Agile / Devops maturity
* Being part of a Testing or Engineering management team
* A strong team player, with experience of leading and mentoring less experienced test engineers
* Evidence of delivering Omni channel testing frameworks to cover android, ios, browser and API testing
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000B668.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc