Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
AJ Chambers are working with an impressive firm of Chartered Accountants based in Cambridge, who are seeking an Audit Senior, who aspires to achieve the best within a highly recognized firm. The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for leading audits on a varied portfolio of clients, supervising Juniors and Semi Seniors whilst also assisting on larger group audits. The successful candidate will have at least two years' experience within practice. Whilst the role is mainly audit based an element of the role will require some accounts. The split between audit and accounts is anticipated to be around 70/30.
* Preparation of client accounts including audit and non-audit clients
* The completion of audit fieldwork/planned substantive and analytical audit procedures
* Liaising directly with clients in your portfolio and the HMRC
* Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
* Ability to ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with, and up to date technical knowledge.
* Ability to ensure that client deadlines are met and to budget
* Experience of working on more complex aspects of audits
* Ideally ACCA/ACA qualified or finalist
* Two years' + experience within Audit and Accounts
* Well-rounded knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
* Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within tight deadlines
* Accounts preparation experience gained in practice
* Experience leading audits from planning stage to completion
* Experience with accounts software e.g. Iris, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and CaseWare
For more information on this Audit Senior role please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers.
Audit Senior - Cambridge