Network Specialist, IT Infrastructure Development
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Network Specialist.
In this role, you will work within the Global Internet and Network security (INS) team to bring to life next generation engineering, embedding new practices, engaging with stakeholders on changes and educating other technical engineers along the way. This is the role of a technical leader.
The successful individual will need to have a working knowledge of automation practices and principles, coding, agile methodology, working in a scrum, containerisation and cloud. The work will involve determining technology roadmaps with other engineering teams within INS and other teams in IT, working with vendors to identify further potential solutions, developing the technologies. The Network Specialist is also required to be on hand to support operational challenges and supporting on major incidents.
Internet and Network Security is a team within Telecommunication Services (TS).
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Overall understanding of TS INS Services and the supporting infrastructure to be able to prioritise work load
* Have sufficient knowledge of ITID understanding policy, processes, procedures and systems deployed.
* Practical experience in one or more of the following disciplines : LAN and WAN technologies, Proxy infrastructure, Network Routing & Switching, Network Security architectures including Firewalls, Load Balancer , VPN , traffic analysis, capacity planning, modelling, network troubleshooting and problem resolution.
* Have excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle.
* A broad understanding of IT hardware, software, operations and networks
* Strong analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including the ability to influence peer group good negotiation skills.
* Understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements
* Managing large Regional and Global Network project implementations.
* Extensive network experience within HSBC IT or large global business environments.
* Experience of coding and scripting methodologies
The base location for this role is Sheffield.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Glu Recruit LTD