Data and Insights Officer
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
RLSS UK is the UKs drowning prevention charity, and our work is to reduce the number of people drowning each year, whilst also supporting safe activities in and around water. Each year more than 600 people drown in the UK and Ireland, and we are committed to continuing to reduce this figure.
The Charity delivers drowning prevention education through campaigns and community focused training and awards, and also through vocational qualifications, consultancy, and direct sales of associated products.
Since the creation of the Data Research and Insights role in 2017, it has become a central role within the organisation, working across all departments.
To develop, implement, and manage the data collection and reporting across the organisation to provide insights to support all areas of the work of RLSS UK. This role holder will deliver against a diverse and interesting portfolio, leading the Society's evidence based approach to both strategies that reduce the number of people who drown annually, and to inform the commercial performance of the Society's trading subsidiaries. They will work across all areas of the organisation to maximise performance, efficiency, and report against the business plan.
* Lead the internal measurement of all RLSS UK charitable and commercial activities and projects, to provide feedback on a broad range of key indicators, and to promote an evidence led work process.
* Lead the work to manage and analyse the UK drowning statistics and carry out further research to guide the RLSS UK drowning prevention programmes.
* Perform market research to inform the RLSS UK business plan and projects.
* Lead areas of the Society's research projects.
Main role and Key Performance Indicators
* Collection and contribution to the national drowning database - collection of drowning data, contribution to inland/coastal data groups, data entry, match and merge, quality assurance of data, analysis and reporting, recommendations for further research.
* Develop and implement methodologies to measure, review and report on the effectiveness of current RLSS UK activities in achieving behaviour change (working with the Education Team).
* Conduct market research to establish customer needs and trends, and to identify potential areas for growth.
* Support the administration of the RLSS UK project management process.
* Produce a range of reports to inform on the status of projects and operations quarterly, and when required, including presentation.
* Research project management - questionnaire design, fieldwork, analysis, reporting.
* Use of dashboards & data visualisation to support the communication of data internally and externally.
To be considered for the role you must:
* Have a University Degree or equivalent experience
* Have qualifications or experience in research and data analysis or equivalent experience
* Have experience of performing market research (qualitative and quantitative)
* Be able to communicate complicated information in plain English
* Be commercially aware, strategically astute, and have good attention to detail and organisation skills
* Have good listening and consultation skills
* Be able to multi-task and manage time effectively
* Have good computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office and Power BI
Full time (35 hours per week). Part time and flexible working will be considered
Private health membership, pension scheme, full staff development programme, Group Life Policy and a Public Transport Incentive Scheme.
So if you have experience in the above please apply now with your CV. For the full job description please visit The Royal Life Saving Societies webiste