Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
With support from the Communications Director, you will be expected to deliver income, assist in scoping the future and develop practices and principles to build a sustainable long-term approach. The right candidate will aim to build a sustainable income platform based on their own success and aspire to become the fundraising leader for the organisation.
The Royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS UK) is the Drowning Prevention Charity and the UK's leading provider of water safety and drowning prevention education.
• Maintain and grow our portfolio of trusts and philanthropists, working to agreed income targets
• Create compelling, emotionally powerful funding propositions complete with budgets, costings and financial data as appropriate
• Steward and engage supporters and write high-quality reports and thank you letters
• Prepare high-quality presentations, and fundraising materials as required • Use the fundraising database to log gifts, plan the monitoring of grants to ensure compliance with agreed outputs, and appropriately engage all supporters
• Conduct detailed, on-going research into new funding opportunities and prospective supporters
• Play a full and active role in supporting the organisation to meet our ambitious targets
• Undertake any task that may be requested from time to time that may be consistent with the nature and scope of this post
• Maintain the ethos and values of the charity and positively promote the work and activities of the charity at all times
• Budget Delivery: Delivers against defined income and expenditure targets, enabling the organisation to achieve its plans, and contributing to the overall growth of the organisation.
• Monitoring Delivery: Monitors, reports on progress against the plan and agreed KPI's and responds to implement changes necessary to achieve the objectives, identifying appropriate contingency actions where appropriate.
• Cross-Team Working: Works closely with the Senior Management and HQ Team contributing to the development of the charity's overall strategic plan to ensure that fundraising is integrated effectively with other areas of the organisation's work, and that there is effective synergy between fundraising and service delivery outputs.
• New Income Streams: Works to develop new fundraising opportunities, both in terms of new products and new relationship opportunities, to ensure a balanced portfolio of fundraising activities that will spread risk and maximise opportunities for revenue generation.
• Special Fundraising Projects and Priorities: Take an active role in the development of new thinking and approaches specifically with regard to digital and social media planning for the future.
Qualifications and experience:
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills: Great written language skills, with the ability to communicate the sense of mission, meaning, excitement and that underpins our work as a Charity
• Networking skills: Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, to represent RLSS UK, & persuade potential donors that our cause is one they should contribute to
• Budget management skills: You need to be able to work effectively with limited resources.
• Donor strategy: Will be experienced in the use of a CRM system to record and plan activity.
• Compliance: Familiar with Institute of Fundraising codes of practice and data protection legislation
• A demonstrable grasp of general fundraising principles and best practice in fundraising from a variety of fundraising channels specifically with a focus on engaging charity focussed communities
• Experience of working in a fundraising role, with a proven track record in generating and meeting fundraising targets.
• Location: Worcester/Flexible
• Salary: circa £40K
• Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
• Annual Leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Please apply with your CV and cover letter or visit the RLSS website for full job description and to apply
This is initially a 12 month FTC
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 14 January 2019 Interview date: Tuesday 22 January 2019
BRITISH RED CROSS-11
BRITISH RED CROSS-11
BRITISH RED CROSS-11