Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client, who is a financial services company, has grown to the point where they require a Cyber Security officer to take responsibility for the provisioning, deployment, configuration and administration of many different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, cloud-based architecture and virtual private networks (VPNs).
In this Cyber Security role, you will be the company's first line of defence against unauthorized access from outside sources and potential security threats. Not only will you know how to mitigate any potential threats that become evident, but you will also know how to strategize and prepare before any security threat is enacted. A successful Cyber Security officer should have prior work experience as well as a bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field. Working within a small IT team, where required, the Cyber Security officer will also be required to get involved in the support and general maintenance of the company's computer systems.
This is a key role and integral to the company's long-term growth.
Key Responsibilities of Cyber Security Officer
· Testing for Network Vulnerabilities - you will evaluate, test and troubleshoot technologies. You will be expected to identify, diagnose and resolve information security issues
· Prepare Reports - based on findings, you will write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
· Produce Documentation - to ensure proper protocols and processes are in place, you will need to create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to server and security infrastructure
· Create Network Security Policies - you will be required to devise comprehensive network security policies. This includes determining security issues that need to be addressed; identifying security strategies needed to deal with the risks; implementing policies for allocating administrative tasks; keeping audit logs up-to-date to flag suspicious activity; and devising network password and MFA procedures
· Manage Vendor Relationships - to be successful in this role, it is important to keep strong relationships with vendors to maintain upgrades, installations and planning alongside exploration of new features and innovative solutions
· As part of a small team you will be required to get involved in other IT-related activities, including providing general support where required, assisting in the building of computers and the setting-up of users
Full support in regards to training and relevant certifications required for the role
Private health Care
Subsidised membership to the gym
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Key Skills/Competencies of Cyber Security Officer
· Enterprise firewall experience - experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls (Cisco and Ubiquiti) and gateway devices is important in this role. Preferably CCNA or CCNP
· Cloud infrastructure - experience and knowledge in configuring and managing Azure environments, including VPNs and NSGs
· Microsoft Expertise - experience of Office 365 (and the compliance tools within) and Windows Server, DNS and Active Directory is essential
· Problem-solving skills - it is the network security engineer's job to solve problems. Security incidents can happen at any time and it is expected that these engineers will research, escalate and resolve issues effectively
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and non-verbal are essential
· Logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Be tidy and well-presented at all times
· Consistently demonstrate a team orientated, collaborative and inclusive style
· Have meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a methodical manner
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and an ability to operate as part of a team and on own initiative
· Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed
· A desire and willingness to learn and undertake training both in and outside of the office to progress along your chosen IT specialisation track
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Don't delay in applying for this Cyber Security role today