Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Do you have machine operation and operation of PLC controlled equipment experience? Do you have a forklift licence and full UK driving licence? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing company.
You will operate the moulding plant machinery and plant room with responsibility for machine operation, output, daily maintenance and the correct operation of all the safety systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Conduct daily safety checks on plant and machinery before operation.
* Manage the Pre-foaming of material, ensuring quantity, density and grade are accurate.
* Manage the time and condition of ageing material in the Silo's prior to moulding.
* Learn the correct operation of all PLC control systems and do not re-program functionality .
* Manage the selection and distribution of material between silos and machines in line with relevant schedules and plans, and operate the moulding machines to complete the daily production plan.
* To ensure customer demand is achieved through short lead-times.
* To work towards a (JIT) just in time production philosophy, supplying parts to production.
* Manage the mould tool life by cleaning, maintaining or repairing damage accordingly.
* Maintain the efficient operation of the moulding machine by regular daily maintenance.
* Ensure periodic maintenance is carried out and that all plant is kept in as new condition.
* Record production output and machine settings keeping accurate records at all times.
* Maintain a 5S environment and proactively manage the 7 wastes to ensure total plant efficiency.
* Use lean manufacturing tools and techniques to improve operating efficiency as required.
* Manage the waste generation, segregation, disposal and reduction of volumes in the dept.
* Manage the environmental impact of the plant in accordance with relevant legislation; this includes reducing noise, emissions, waste and controlling temperature and humidity levels.
* Conduct and adhere to all necessary risk assessments within the operating environment.
* To maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with current legislation and relevant standards.
* Good level of numeracy and literacy is required for this role.
* Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
* A team player with initiative, drive and determination to learn and achieve results.
* Disciplined to work to written procedures without deviation.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Proficient in machine operation and operation of PLC controlled equipment.
* Forklift licence and full UK driving licence.
Safety Systems Training to be undertaken
* Fire extinguisher and fire marshal training.
* First aid certificate.
* (CertIBO) Gas Boiler operating course.
* (PSSR) Pressure System Safety Regulations Awareness course.
* DSEAR Awareness course and training on Pentane Gas monitoring equipment.
* Ability to conduct Risk Assessments.
* Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
ACS are recruiting for a Technical Operator If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Technical Operator please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Technical Operator It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Technical Operator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Technical Operator role you desire