Production Team Leader
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Northwood Hygiene Products Ltd is a thriving family-owned group of companies specialising in the manufacturing, supply and transportation of away-from-home (AfH) professional paper hygiene products.
Established in 1974, the organisation has a mission to become the market-leading partner of choice. Operating six sites across the UK, and with future expansion plans, this an exciting time to join the business.
What will this role of Production Team Leader entail?
As a Production Team Leader, you'll lead, coach and develop a high performing team of Production Operators to ensure that efficiency, quality, cost and safety objectives are achieved and exceeded.
Health and safety in the workplace is extremely important at Northwood, and as a Production Team Leader you'll endeavour to create a culture and environment of zero harm by leading by example, respectfully challenging behaviours and carrying out regular safety inspections.
You'll lead and implement lean manufacturing techniques such as 5S, to improve production line efficiency and assist in the development of production and maintenance plans to forecast and minimise production downtime.
You'll also be responsible for managing a budget, through which you'll control labour costs, consumables, supplies and material usage. As you lead your team, you'll identify and appropriately address any training shortfalls and poor performing team members, and manage absence, investigations and disciplinaries.
What will I need to be considered for this Production Team Leader vacancy?
You'll be a real agent of change who leads by example and has a passion for driving continuous improvement initiatives, with a strong emphasis on health and safety. In addition, you'll also need:
* Proven leadership experience gained within either a production, warehouse, manufacturing, processing or similar environment
* Demonstrable commitment to health and safety in the workplace
* Track record of building and maintaining an encouraging team culture that promotes individual and team development
* Excellent people management, communication and organisation skills
* Good IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
What will I receive in return?
As a Production Team Leader, you'll receive a salary of circa £30,000 to £35,000, level dependent on experience.
Attractive Benefits: 22 days holiday increasing to 25 over a two-year period, plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free employee assistance advisory scheme for employee wellbeing.
Contract: Permanent, 39 hours per week, on days, afternoons or nights, shift times as follows:
* Day shifts: Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4pm (7:30am to 3pm on Fridays)
* Afternoon shifts: Monday to Thursday 4pm to 12:30am (3pm to 10:30pm on Fridays)
* Night shifts: Monday to Friday 12:30am to 7:30am
Location: Penygroes (Gwynedd, North Wales)
All applications for this Production Team Leader vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Travail Employment Group