Internal Sales Support
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Salary - £15-21k depending on experience
Hours of work - 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm Friday
Holiday - 25 days per annum (3 reserved for Christmas)
Start Date - ASAP
Location - Bedford
It is the Internal Sales responsibility to achieve an annual gross profit target from every allocated customer,
negotiating and agreeing terms, which maximise the return on the resources, employed. The Internal Salesperson
will also be responsible for identifying opportunity and establishing new business to ensure ongoing growth of
the customer base and gross profit generation.
* Meet or exceed the gross profit target from each allocated customer.
* Achieve the product targets set for each allocated customer.
* Control stock levels of customer special items within the limits agreed.
* Respond to all customer enquiries in a professional manner and within the timescale agreed.
* Administer all customer orders efficiently and accurately.
* Maintain and record accurate and easily accessible information for all allocated customers.
* Identify and establish new customers either by geographical region, market sector or product portfolio.
* Carry out pro-activity to all allocated customers ensuring ongoing activity
gross profit generation and retention is achieved.
* Obtaining (prompting) enquiries from allocated customers.
* Regularly review allocated customers with Outside Sales or Sales Manager or SCM identifying the future tactics to secure or develop the business.
* Maximise gross profit generation.
* Monitor, measure and implement strategy to ensure gross profit targets for each customer are achieved.
* Negotiate payment terms with allocated accounts to try to improve the return on investment.
* Identify available split by product for each allocated customer.
* Review results monthly, identifying tactics to develop the full potential.
* Explore, identify and action opportunity for additional products.
* Explore, identify and action opportunity for value added profit generation.
* Agree call off orders in writing with an end date for final delivery.
* Regularly discuss and review with customers any contract call off orders rescheduling with suppliers where necessary.
* Minimise investment without compromising service levels.
* Explore and identify supply partnerships to maximise profit generation.
* Quoting customers for their requirements promptly and within the timescales agreed either converting immediately into an order or recording clearly for future reference.
* Sourcing material to satisfy orders or enquires within timescales agreed.
* Following up previous quotations in an organised manner converting into order or establishing and recording the reasons why lost.
* Follow up and close out all enquiries outstanding at the end of each day to order receipt or lost order stage.
* Ensure purchase orders are progressed with suppliers to ensure
customer's orders are delivered on time.
* Entering customer's orders into the computer system promptly and accurately.
* Place purchase orders, negotiating professionally.
* Enter purchase order details promptly and accurately into the computer system to ensure customer's requirements and delivery schedules are met.
* Resolve all customer complaints promptly (or refer immediately to line management) raising necessary paperwork without delay.
* Ensure customers are notified immediately of any discrepancy to the order or delivery schedule.
* Update and maintain customer records for all allocated customers.
* Obtain and retain in organised manner relevant up to date market information e.g. price movements, AAF trends, lead times, sourcing information, customer information etc.
* Complete and keep accurate sales activity records.
* Manage pro-activity to establish new customers to increase customer base and gross profit generation on an ongoing basis.
* Insure new customers are credit worthy or are able to satisfy payment criteria.
* Ensure potential customer fit our product and service portfolio ensuring our services are offered in a clear and unambiguous manner.
SELLING: Pro-actively seeks out opportunities. Adopts different sales tactics as necessary. Able to build relationships, adapting self to different personalities.
NEGOTIATING: Uses 'trade offs' when buying and selling to achieve the best return on investment.
COMMUNICATION: Communicates information clearly and listens activity.
ADMINISTRATION: Understands the computer system and works within the Company's procedures. Enters orders accurately and on time, recording customer information in an organised manner.
NUMERACY: Can quickly and accurately convert, manipulate and translate figures, presenting these
in a form required and understood by the customer
We Are SSG