Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
They require an experienced Civils Estimator to work in the central belt
Our client are team focused and require all employees to embrace their culture.
The Civils Estimator is required to work within a highly-motivated team, delivering Traditional bids covering a range of civil disciplines.
The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The Civils Estimator must have prior experience pricing projects from 0.5M up to 5M, with a min. of 3 years' experience.
* Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
* Report directly to the Commercial Manager.
* Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
* Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report.
* Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
* Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
* Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities.
* Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
* Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
* Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
* Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
* File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
Education and Experience
* Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification (HNC or Degree) with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
* Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the pre-construction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
* Membership of a professional institution.
* Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
* of 5 years' experience in estimating.
* Preferable experience in Highways and Design and Build projects.
* Previous Experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
* Previous Experience with sage software would also be preferable but not essential.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package.
If you are interested in this Civils Estimator position, please apply online attaching an up to date CV