IT Service Desk Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
So join us and start to do things differently. To work lean, act smart and create a different way if delivering IT solutions.
Our market leading approach, advanced methodology and collaborative ways of working are at the forefront of the IT Service Desk sector and we can offer you the opportunity to develop a career to be proud of.
About the role
As IT Service Desk Manager you will be responsible for a team of 4 direct reports with operational responsibility of 40 staff, providing 1st and 2nd Line IT technical support as well as Request based activities and our EUC Central Build Location.
With a passion for putting the customer first, you will continue to drive the Service Desk to its next stage of consumer focused delivery. With a keen eye for improvement you will recognise opportunities others don't for harnessing technology to drive efficiency and advance the customer experience, as well as day to day management of the Service Desk operation including:
* Incident breakfix
* Incident Management
* Request Fulfilment (IMAC Delivery)
* EUC Central Build Location
You would also be responsible for ensuring all staff deliver against agreed performance levels, and the development of these staff members in line with the IT Strategy to promote capability from within.
You would ensure relevant Business Continuity practises against service are in place and adequate team coverage against demand throughout hours of service Management of I.T. Service Desk documentation to appropriate standards.
You would also work closely with PMO to develop the required Service Wrap against new offerings/services being introduced, liaise with our Joint Venture partner IT functions for aligned and collaborative working and act as Major Incident Manager for critical service-impacting incidents where required.
You will need to be a proactive individual, with the ability to identify new ways for systems to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness, preparing robust business cases for the leadership team, whilst driving efficiency of operation through technology adoption eg. Robotic Automated Processing, ChatBots, AI etc. to create an innovative thinking and empowered resource base.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Experience of working in a similar role and a minimum of 5 years within an IT Service context
* Strong customer and delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
* Self-Service advocate
* Experience in the benefits of utilising technologies to promote efficiency and improve customer experience ie) ChatBots, AI/Machine Learning (Predictive analytics, Intelligent Workflow, Intelligent knowledge search)
* Encourages collaborative working and demonstrates teamwork at the highest level
* Strong Incident Management practises
* Strong understanding of IMAC based activities
* Strong people management skills with a focus on staff development
* Demonstrable knowledge of supporting WIN7, WIN10 and O365 based environments
* Infrastructure and End User domain knowledge ie) VOIP Telephony, Cloud Compute, VDI, EUC Device
* Experience of use and implementation of Service Management Tools e.g.: Service Now, BMC, Invanti
* Accreditations/strong understanding of ITIL and CMMI