Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
Based in the heart of England, Twycross Zoo (TZ) is an award-winning conservation charity and rapidly growing visitor attraction. We're committed to supporting global welfare and conservation efforts in the captive breeding of endangered species whilst supporting projects from many different countries around the world, including Ape Action Africa, Lola Ya Bonobo and the FFI Cao Vit Gibbon Project.
In 2014, we launched our 20-year, £55million Masterplan. Since this time, new habitats which have opened to the public include Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest. Recently, we've opened a new £3.5 million world-class chimpanzee habitat, Chimpanzee Eden, and are looking forward to building on this continued growth and success. As part of our Masterplan development programme, other investments have also included new habitats and renovations such as Lorikeet Landing, a Lemur walk-through and Butterfly Forest, all of which offer our visitors an immersive and inspiring experience with the animals.
At TZ you'll be part of an evolving and progressive organisation, with staff engagement at its very core. We offer a diverse range of roles and are committed to the fundamental approach of equal opportunities in employment. Our team strives to educate and inspire everyone to care about, and therefore contribute to saving, the other species with which we share our planet.
With our dedicated and enthusiastic team of colleagues at the heart of everything we do, we aim to become a recognised "Centre of Excellence" that continues to make a significant contribution to the welfare and conservation of animals, especially primates, and remain at the heart of conservation.
What will this role of Marketing Manager entail?
As the Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering the overall marketing plan for the zoo and will oversee the small marketing team on a day to day basis. Taking the direction from the Head of Marketing and Senior Zoo team you will ensure all marketing activity is delivered through the team or agencies on time and on budget.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
* Driving and delivering activity through all marketing communications channels, which include Above The Line (ATL) advertising, PR, all digital marketing channels and eCRM
* Working with the Head of Marketing to develop the brand position of the Zoo, and increase the effectiveness and focus on digital marketing
* Setting clear objectives and priorities for the marketing team, and carrying out weekly 121's
* Working with Head of Marketing and operations teams to develop and deliver exceptional visitor experiences and events throughout the year
* Briefing and managing all agencies to deliver work that supports the marketing plan
Due to the nature of the organisation you may be required to work occasional weekend days (not expected to be more than 4 occasions a year).
What will I need to be considered for this Marketing Manager vacancy?
* Proven B2C marketing management experience, working with a variety of marketing channels and ideally with some experience of the leisure retail industry
* Commercially minded with a drive to deliver marketing plans that have a direct commercial impact
* Proven track record of managing marketing and PR agencies and working with Above The Line advertising
* Previous experience managing budgets and marketing spend
* Ideally educated to degree standard with a marketing related degree and / or a CIM qualification
* Proven ability to manage and motivate people in their day to day activities
* A passion for the Zoo's work and purpose
What will I receive in return?
As the Marketing Manager you'll receive a salary of £30,000, along with fantastic additional benefits including 31 days holiday per annum (inclusive of bank holidays), a staff membership card, giving you free entry to the Zoo on your days off and discounts in our retail and food outlets, and free onsite parking.
Contract: Permanent, working Monday to Friday flexible start and finish times can be considered
Location: Atherstone, Warwickshire (on the A444, which is easily accessed via the A5 and the M42 Junction 11).
All applications for this Marketing Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
The ECS Group Limited