Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Horizon Search & Selection Ltd
Our client, a successful UK business which is part of a large group specialising in technical wholesale are seeking a dedicated, driven and professional Account Manager to join them at their office in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The group they are nestled within employs 250 in 6 offices around Europe with sales in excess of €80 million. Their UK operations employs 11 and has achieved £7.2 million this year, growing 20% . There are ambitious plans to grow, with the aim to double the business in 5 years. This is a great chance for a genuine, professional Account Management professional to join a company with great structure, rewards, and social/environmental responsibility, where opportunities to progress will be available for the right person.
This role requires a driven approach when it comes to B2B sales, both face to face, over the telephone and online. You will be adept at sales creation, managing existing accounts, closing sales and identifying and winning new business. This is consultative solution selling, and requires a special type of style and approach to working with your customers. This is not tele-sales, each customer is different and it is the responsibility of the Account Manager to help them with their profits by offering a higher level of service and product than their existing suppliers.
Working as part of a team of 4 Account Managers, you will work closely with your own assigned field-based Business Development Manager; working with the same portfolio of customers. Together you will manage the sales growth and relationship of around 250 account customers, and seek out, pre-qualify and mature around 50 new customers per year.
Outline of duties:
- Generate sales with a portfolio of accounts using an on line catalogue of in stock items 90% dispatched same day , 10% according to customers schedule
- Asking questions to identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts (80% of the activity) and retain an effective client-account manager relationship
- Asking questions to identify new sales opportunities within hot and cold specialist prospects, (20% of the activity) pre-qualifying and developing
- The Account Manager has specific information and control of the semi-automated on-line order process to manage and solve conflicts with customers.
- Interact and coordinate with the rest of the UK and European based teams with a can do approach to achieving company sales and margin targets.
- Establish sales objectives and budgets with the customers and the company
- Closing Sales
- Proven experience in a B2B Account Management role, pride in your sales achievements
- An appreciation and understanding of environmental issues, particularly drinking-water-related. A responsible nature
- Positive personality driven by sales success. A people buy from people ethos
- Excellent Microsoft, key board, and telephone skills
- Team spirited, willing to take responsibility with a can do attitude with excellent communication skills
- Desire to grow with the business and progress in time
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Kate Dyer with an up-to-date copy of your CV on
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter as well as Instagram to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news!