Commercial Lines Insurance Underwriting Associate
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Insurance Resourcing
My client is an insurance carrier with a great culture and reputation. They want to hire an Associate Underwriter to handle Commercial General Liability accounts. The office is growing and they want to find a new team member who has experience working in an underwriting assistant role and wants to become a full fledged underwriter and have a long-term insurance career.
You will assist the Senior Underwriter in the issuance of new and renewal business in all aspects of the Underwriting process. As your knowledge base increases, you will process and issue new and renewal business within a designated underwriting authority. This is an in-office job with regular Mon to Fri hours. It is a permanent full time role.
Here's what your day will look like:
• Provide administrative and general clerical support to the Underwriter.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to agents, policy holders and co-workers.
• Manage a large volume of telephone calls, faxes, e-mails with timely responses to customers in a variety of circumstances.
• Gather, screen, analyze, and evaluate information on new and existing accounts.
• Provide preliminary rating/pricing and loss-rating on all lines of coverage (except Anchorage).
• Willingness to learn new tasks and increase technical knowledge.
• Provide support through an understanding of services including premium audit, loss control, claims and facultative reinsurance
• Process and issue new and renewal business within designated authority limits
The company offers excellent benefits and 401K, a supportive culture, and the opportunity to become a full fledged Underwriter.
Candidates need to have some underwriting assistant experience in commercial lines, strong admin and computer skills, with good verbal and written communication ability.
The client wants to hire in January and interviews will start the week of Jan 7th, 2019.
To apply, email your resume or call .