IT Support Analyst
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Hood Industries, Inc.
Position at Hood Industries, Inc.
Hood Industries, Inc. is a blend of wood manufacturing and distribution concerns that include two plywood and four lumber manufacturing plants, and fourteen specialty wood product distribution operations, located in thirteen states serving the northeast, southeast and southwest United States.
If you are a high performing, motivated, results driven Information Technology Professional with a passion for helping people, our role as an IT Support Analyst with our IT department of our corporate office located at Hattiesburg, MS is right for you. This position will provide excellent support service and solve technical related issues.
- Provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals.
- Responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, and when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate staff members.
- Perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and video (conferencing, cameras, projectors etc.) equipment. This position does require independent work, sharing of information and assisting others with work related items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
- Resolve IT related issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Perform user administration duties - maintaining trouble logs
- Perform Mill site visits weekly for assessment and support (approximately 20% of time a week)
What you bring to the team:
- Five or more years of hands-on experience working in an end-user support role or computer operations environment required.
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows 10, XP and Vista
- Remote Desktop support
- Advanced peripheral's device troubleshooting and setup
- Remote support for handheld smartphones and tablets
- Manage Kronos Clock hardware installs & troubleshooting
- Manage TeleTrac or similar Truck GPS Installs & User setup
- Manage Guardian Software Users setup & support (Mill Work Orders)
- Manage Network & Local Printer setup and support
- ERP User Support
- Must be a seasoned Multi-Tasker
- Maintain excellent problem solving skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred. Or Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Systems Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years of related experience working in an IT support role.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks
- Experience in developing and maintaining business applications as well as Document and Trouble Log Management are significant assets.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to navigate the stairs and catwalks in a mill environment.
The work environment characteristics described in this document are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to perform by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Hood requires that applicants provide authorization and consent to a background check and a drug screen to continue in the selection process.
- All employment offers are contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing of required drug test.
- If hired, you will be required to provide documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest