Sr Exec Asst to the Chief Communications Officer
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer will perform a wide variety of administrative activities for the CCO while also supporting other staff members in accomplishing many projects and tasks that impact the daily operations of the department. The Executive Assistant ensures all matters are handled in a very timely and professional manner, along with being resourceful in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be a trusted agent and handle sensitive and confidential information. The Executive Assistant will interact with employees at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts and will be asked to make decisions on a regular basis with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Manages calendar, meeting and travel schedule, and expense reports for Chief Communications Officer and ensures that complete and accurate information is available on all matters.
- Answers and screens phone calls.
- Serves as liaison, responds to inquiries and internal and external client requests.
- Coordinates logistics (credentials, hotels, tickets, hospitality, etc.) at various NBA events (All-Star, Playoffs, Finals, etc.).
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality concerning all matters privy to Coordinates all meeting planning, and budgeting.
- Performs independent project-based work with little supervision.
- Analyzes department operating practices to create new systems or revise established procedures.
- Supports communications department team members as needed with tasks such filing, ordering office supplies, organizing mail and overseeing shipping of packages.
- Manage the Chief Communication Officer's schedule, the department calendar, and express reports.
- Handle administrative duties, such as maintaining mailing lists, processing invoices, and coordinating mailings and phone support.
- Serve as the primary Office Manager for the Communications Group and assist as necessary for the entire Communications area.
- Assist with memo writing and internal communications, as necessary.
- Working with Chief Communications Officer on properly coding items and managing the departmental budget.
- Support/backup EMS contact for the Communications department. Special PR projects as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effectiveness in communicating across all levels of an organization. Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of successfully working as part of a team, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Advanced aptitude with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor's degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Executive, Marketing, Administrative, Management
National Basketball Association
National Basketball Association
Smith Hanley Associates