Sr. Marketing Mgr, Customer Insights
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Fanatics, Inc.
Fanatics is looking for a seasoned Customer Insights and CRM strategist, to join our team. We've invested heavily as a company to become a world-class leader in digital marketing and one of the cornerstones will be our ability to leverage customer intelligence to deliver personalized experiences to our fans. This is a new role within Fanatics, so this individual will also help define the team and vision.
Fanatics is the market leader for authentic, officially licensed sports merchandise and offers gear from every pro and college team. Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 150 collegiate and professional team properties.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with 7+ years of experience in customer insights, database marketing, customer reporting and lifecycle segmentation strategy. They'll have the ability to not only identify revenue driving opportunities, but also the ability to communicate the findings to business partners. This individual will be working in an untapped area of the company, so they'll need to be able to mine the data and rely on past experience to drive their vision. Experience in creating customer cohorts, identifying trends within customer behaviors and building out reports to help track. The candidate will work closely with the digital marketing, general management, merchandising, loyalty, sports memorabilia and partner solutions teams to unearth new opportunities within our customer base. They'll also need to have excellent communication capabilities to present new hypothesis and report on A/B testing results. They'll also eventually be managing a team of analysts, which requires at least 3+ years of management experience.
- Mine our database (using SQL) to help define new cohorts of customers, new opportunities and new trends, for the purpose of targeted marketing
- Define the vision for the Customer Insights team
- Help hire and manage team of customer insights analysts
- Work collaboratively with CRM strategy managers who will be communicating customer analytics requests from other departments
- Share opportunities and learnings with leadership/executives through PowerPoint presentations
- Respond to ad-hoc customer analysis requests from our strategy team
- Own the analysis and diagnostics for all Owned email campaign performance
- Work with IT, Business Intelligence and CRM Operations teams to append new data attributes and identify newly acquired data
- Assist in sizing our revenue growth impact and opportunity
- Collaborate with Operations team to build out reports to help analyze customer cohorts
- Assist in developing a go-to-market calendar based on customer diagnostics
- Create trending reports to track customer health and engagement
- Work with operations team on developing dynamic personalization capabilities
- Own A/B test design and tracking of results
- 7+ years in a customer insights, database marketing or CRM strategic role
- 7+ years of SQL experience and knowledge of star schema data design
- 7+ years of experience with Excel, including experience with VLookups, macros, VB, data import connections, graphs, pivots and ability to create automated financial reports
- 7+ years of Lifecycle segmentation (New, Active, Lapsed, etc.) experience or comparable targeting strategy
- Analytically curious and constantly thinking about ways to leverage data
- Experience with dynamic personalization within digital marketing channels
- 7+ years of email or digital marketing channel experience
- Excellent public speaking skills, with ability to create executive level PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to think as a customer to derive hypothesis testing for segmentation strategy
- Expert understanding of A/B test design to measure statistical lift in customer performance
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university
- Sports fanatic or above average understanding of sports industry
- Experience in managing small teams
- E-commerce or retail experience
- Understanding of cluster, basket, regression, promotional and predictive analytics
- BA/BS in Marketing, Information Technology, MIS, Business, Statistics or Economics
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida with occasional (3-4 times/year) travel requirements.