Programming & Partnerships Spec-Sponsorship Sales
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by NBC Sports Group
This position will support Golf Channel's Strategic Programming & Partnerships team, including the collegiate platform, the World Long Drive platform, East Lake Cup and various other Golf Channel-owned and managed platforms. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, proven sales experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment including weekends and evenings on occasion. Experience in event sponsorship sales, marketing and operations is desired. This individual must anticipate priorities and work independently on multiple assignments at the same time.
- Build and maintain revenue generation plan with the Sales/Sponsorship lead and GOLF senior management.
- Actively participate in the sales process, manage an active prospect list at all times
- Efforts will include prospecting, lead generation, customer meetings via phone and in person, etc.
- Utilize the full suite of annual collegiate and Long Drive platform assets in sales packages and partnerships working closely with the Golf Channel partnerships team
- Collaborate with Partnerships Initiatives team to build sponsors presentations for Golf Channelowned events and strategic platforms
- Work with creative services, marketing, social and other internal departments to develop sales support materials such as sizzle reels, video recaps, post-event sponsorship analysis and valuation of current partnerships, etc.
- Assist in the oversight of Golf Channel owned events specifically World Long Drive and East Lake Cup including coordination and communication between Golf Channel departments and external vendors
- Coordinate client engagements opportunities (pro-am, dinners, etc) as well as commercial traffic process for sponsors
- Create executive summaries including event overviews, sponsor benefit summaries for Made for Television / Time Buy proposals
- Assist with prospecting and identifying new Made for Television event opportunities