Product Manger, Production Enterprise Solutions
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by National Football League
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product lifecycle activities for a portfolio of IT applications used in broadcast and post production workflows. This includes knowing the user base and understanding the issues facing the business department(s) who utilize IT's product(s), creating/updating product management deliverables (support models, roadmaps, training strategy, product reviews), managing 2nd level application support, application training, product administration and 3 rd party vendors that support the product(s). In addition, you will be responsible for project related tasks and/or deliverables for projects that impact the supported product(s).
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and establish a strong relationship with stakeholders, vendors and IT shared services to find innovative solutions that are aligned with the organizations short-term and long-term objectives. You will work with the business and IT to define application objectives, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target use cases of the application. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, often working or embedding yourself with the business to better understand their true needs. You will manage the resolution of production support related issues. You will work with project management, business analyst and technical counterparts to define product release requirements. You will also serve as the liaison to the vendor, establishing a business relationship with their customer success, support and product management teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the intersection between business, technology and user experience.
- Work with the Business Relationship Managers to act as the voice of the business within IT and be passionate about the delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with lines of business and ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
- Manage vendor relationships and contribute enhancement requests to their roadmap.
- Stay informed on the vendors market position, product roadmap, the vendors competitors and potential partner relationships for the product.
- Serve as 2 nd Level Support for application and work with various support teams to resolve issues.
- Creation and maintenance of key deliverables associated with the product i.e. support models, roadmaps, etc.
- Manage the creation of and/or create training material and provide training to end users as needed.
- Must understand the technology stack and most importantly understand the level of effort involved to support and enhance the product.
- Evaluate the tradeoffs between features and maintainability to avoid feature creep and high maintenance burdens.
- Define high-quality and comprehensive product requirements to ensure that they are a good fit for the customer use case.
- Provide constructive feedback to technical staff during all phases of the software lifecycle to help keep development priorities aligned with business needs.
- Manage customer expectations so that the business and technical staff share the same goals and timeline.
- Assess the measurable business value of customer requests to prioritize work and ensure that benefits justify costs.
- 5+ years of software solution/product management experience.
- Experience as an Internal Facing Application/Non-revenue Generating Product Manager preferred.
- A solid working knowledge of the product management lifecycle and understand the tenets of good software development.
- Prior experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies preferred.
- A passion for emerging technologies and understanding of how the different layers of a tech stack work together.
- Experience managing software vendors and experience influencing vendor roadmaps.
- Existing product knowledge of post-production business systems used throughout TV and features is a plus - Media Asset Management systems, licensing and rights, scheduling, Budgeting and playout systems as examples.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and take ownership of a project and/or issue and bring it to successful completion.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and justify decisions.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Prior experience in TV or theatrical post production preferred.