E-mail Marketing Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Fanatics, Inc.
Fanatics is looking for an Email Marketing Manager to own our Fanatics and FansEdge marketing emails. This is a chance to work with a World Class Email Marketing team and help drive this fast growing company's customer contact strategy, from end-to-end. Reporting to the Email Marketing Lead, you'll be responsible for developing and crafting email communications to nearly 45MM sports fans on a daily basis. We're looking for someone who can coordinate a go-to-market calendar, while balancing the fast-paced changes in the sports merchandise world. There's also opportunity to manage a team of email specialists as we build out the group.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with 5+ years of experience in email marketing, with some management experience.
As the Email Marketing Manager at Fanatics, you will:
- Own all of the Fanatics and FansEdge email campaign responsibilities
- Lead the strategic development and campaign execution for all email efforts across all products (promotional, reactivation communication strategies as well as triggered and transactional campaigns) with a constant focus on optimization to achieve click-through rate, conversion, revenue, RPS and other key engagement goals.
- Build out the story-lines, copy, subject-lines, creative, timing, segmentation and strategy behind all email marketing
- Evolve into the email marketing expert and eventually manage a group of email specialists.
- Craft compelling, relevant and timely email content and subject lines to effectively engage, inspire and drive awareness to our fans
- Establish and maintain a go-to-market campaign calendar that balances the growth of the licensed sports merchandise industry and connecting & serving our fans.
- Responsible for the messaging behind new product launches, coupons/promotions, sports oriented events (e.g. World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals and College Football/Basketball/Baseball Championships, etc.), trends in sport, etc.
- Lead the optimization of the email strategy by reviewing email performance results provided to you from the analytics teams
- Work with the strategy teams to help further refine customer segmentation, like Time of Day optimization, team specific emails, etc.
- Project manage the end-to-end process in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Define & Execute A/B testing of Subject lines, copy, creative assets, templates, stories, landing pages, etc. for the purposes of optimization
- Identify new opportunities and techniques for telling engaging stories and motivating our fans to become loyal to our brand
- 5+ years of experience in a retail or ecommerce company
- 5+ years of managing an email marketing channels campaign execution
- Copy writing skills
- Creative minded
- Task oriented
- A great team player that enjoys operating with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills - able to be self-directed and deliver on deadlines
- Ability to create a daily email contact strategy and seasoned in
- Brand awareness and adherence
- Email content creation
- Sports knowledge
- Researching what common trends are in the market and coming up with new ways to market sports merchandising
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working cross-functionally with other departments like purchasing, business managers, creative, Loyalty, operations, etc.
- General understanding of dynamic personalization through email
- Experienced with leveraging data for targeting and segmentation purposes
- Familiar with major Email Service Providers like Sales Force, etc.
- Collaborating on themes / graphics / copy for digital advertising campaigns.
- Proactive and inquisitive thinking. Understands and monitors competitive landscape, provides insight and recommendations to drive the program business forward as best in class.
- Strong results-orientation and operates with a data-driven mindset.
- Fanatical when it comes to detail. Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth organization and will be able to effectively prioritize the most impactful and important work on your plate and deliver on time.
- Excellent communicative skills to effectively communicate across all company levels, teams and League partners.
- Ability to think as a customer to derive new ideas on how to gain customer interest
- Experience with at least one ESP's platform, such as Sales Force Marketing Cloud - including customer segmentation, dynamic content, and customized messaging experience, a plus
- Sports fanatic or above average understanding of sports industry
- Experience in managing small teams
- E-commerce or retail experience
- BA/BS in Marketing, Economics, MIS
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida with occasional (3-4 times/year) travel requirements. Relocation package for candidates 100+ miles outside of Jacksonville, FL.