Technical Project Manager - Engineering
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
A great opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to work for a leading Electronics design and manufacturing company in the Chippenham area. This Project Manager role will be working on a number of new RF projects and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Technical Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the planning, management, and coordination of a defined project. The Technical Project Manager may be involved from the initial conception, through all stages of development and manufacturing, including responsibility for coordinating all compliance requirements. It is expected that the Project Manager is likely to work on multiple projects at any given time. The role will report to the Operations Director
The ideal candidate will have experience of Project Management within an Engineering or Manufacturing environments and have at least a basic understanding of RF or Radio technologies.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Project Manager role
- Define project goals, scope, schedule, budget and deliverables to support business and customer goals.
- Develop and update project plans and provide ongoing updates.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members.
- Conduct technical project meetings on a regular basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Work with test engineers for CE/FCC testing
- Comply with the companies values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Requirements for this Project Manager role
- Proven experience working in technical project management, product management or a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of supply chain and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of CE and FCC.
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of radio disciplines.
- Proven experience writing clear and concise reports.
- Good background in wireless communications technologies
- Knowledge of MS Project/Primavera (P6) and ERP systems such as SAP
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good communicator able to work with customers and variety of manufacturers
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Good team working skill.
- Able to exercise good judgement.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application