Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Anonymous
Girling Jones are working in partnership with a true leader within the building services sector seeking further support within their preconstruction team due to impending retirement of a long standing colleague. We require a Mechanical Estimator to join a leading PLC with a strong local connection, you will be joining a settled team delivering both traditional and D&B bids alongside your electrical counterpart and operational teams. There's a bright future ahead for the appointed individual, we're offering a competitive package and long term career development and progression.
Your new employer,
* Progressive and innovative mechanical and electrical building services contractor with a number of offices across their western region. Albeit a PLC with a national remit, your future employer has a strong local reputation and a close knit team. The PLC recently released their most up to date figures showing the business in a profitable state with all signs pointing towards a superb 2nd half of the year.
Your new position,
* Working alongside an electrical counterpart, receive and log in enquiries
* Read through specifications, drawings and gain an understanding of the project
* Send out enquiries for Capital Plant, Supply Chain and Sub-Contractors
* Take off from drawings pipework, fittings for all services ready for input onto Estimation
* Input quantities on to Estimation including all Plant and Sub-Contractors Costs
* Review all quotes received to confirm that the quote received is correct and that the Manufacturer or Sub-Contractor have understood the requirements of the specification/drawings
* Finalise the costs with other members of the team to produce our quotation back to the Client
* Produce Scope of Works Document if required. (Normally on D&B Projects)
* Meet with the Client and their team to discuss our Tender and also show our understanding of the project
* Carry out VE exercise to bring costs into Budget including meeting with Consultants to discuss various options
* Prepare Cost Plans from very limited information
* Carry out basic design works for tendering D&B Projects including pipe sizing, ductwork sizing and Capital Plant for others to quote us
* Be able to work on more than one project at a time
* Have an understanding of how systems are installed for producing take-offs
* Ability to work to deadlines to achieve Tender Submission dates
* Have a basic understanding of BREEAM requirements
* Have an understanding of the RIBA Stages of Design work
What you'll need to succeed,
* Passionate about mechanical HVAC services
* Desire to go above and beyond
* Have a knowledge and be conversant in the Estimation Software Package
* A prior history of mechanical engineering within the building services sector
* D&B experience
* Proven history of Mechanical Estimating within D&B projects
What you'll get in return,
* Over and above the pleasure of working with the Bristol team, we are offering a progressive opportunity within a leading contractor. In addition to a competitive wage, you will be entitled to a Car or allowance, Pension, Bupa Medical, 25 days annual leave, Perkbox etc.
Interested? Click "APPLY" and contact Vic Jones for further details.
Don't miss this opportunity! Call us for an informal discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy