Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
This role is required to co-ordinate, review and manage all enquiries handled by the business and be responsible for the cost and specification generation, and the production of all bid response documents to accurately reflect the requirements of our clients. You will preferably have a minimum 5 years' experience in an equal/ similar role.
Candidates will ideally have a vast knowledge of the industry including Commercial and Industrial projects, with a proven track record within mechanical estimating.
Duties to include:
* Complete all tender return documentation including CSA, prelims breakdowns, margin analysis and VE schedules as appropriate.
* Ensuring that mechanical estimates, tenders and quotes are prepared fully as to maximise opportunities
* Attend and take part in client meetings and tender presentations to help secure new business opportunities
* Assist the company in refining estimation processes to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability
* Working with the reactive side of the business to generate quotations directly after a survey, reactive or PPM job has been completed.
* Attending site visits for larger project works and tenders.
* Responsible for quoted works and achieving correct margin across the division.
* Sourcing the most cost-effective parts and costs from suppliers and contractors.
* Producing quotes in a timely manner and completing the correct quote sheets for each client
* Chasing quotes on a regular basis to generate business.
* Process accepted quotes and order parts, equipment and contractors needed to complete works.
* Source new suppliers and sub-contractors that will benefit the Company.
* Ensuring that standards are maintained and deadlines are met
* Have a good working knowledge of general construction techniques and processes, superstructure and fit-out packages.
* Be able to read and understand construction drawings, schedules, room data sheets, NBS documents and identify scope and compliance issues, maintain risk registers and quantify risk, opportunity and contingencies
* Having a good knowledge of the key terms of JCT and NEC3 forms or contract would be advantageous.
* Understand and promote the pricing strategy, VE potentials, Provisional Sums and application of mark-up / margin
* Maintain accurate records and electronic data. Understand and analyse cost metrics to demonstrate market value. Monitor and report on pricing trends across projects and maintain comparison data.
* Be commercially astute and recognise limitations of the scope to ensure qualifications are aligned. A strong technical cost management or estimating competency is essential as is a commercial awareness of financial, commercial and business needs outside of basic estimating.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Solid understanding of Mechanical estimating and experience within the construction industry
* Proven experience within a similar role
* Ability to plan own work and meet client deadlines
* Strong and effective communication skills with both clients and suppliers
* Be adaptable and flex to suit the business needs.
In return, we are offering a competitive wage and package. This is a chance to join a highly successful team and a company which offers brilliant career prospects.
Interested? Click apply or contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones for further details.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
luton bennett limited