Lead Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Lead Medical Lab Scientist - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time,Day - SHH Gulf - Port St. Joe,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida's leading health care provider - Sacred Heart Health System.
Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart - Northwest Florida's only children's hospital - and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
To learn more about Sacred Heart Health System, visit .
What You Will Do
As a Lead Medical Lab Scientist with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to lead the daily activities of the assigned laboratory section/staff.
- Oversees the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory.
- Assigns and schedules work for assigned shifts. Prepares daily and weekly time and attendance reports. Problem solves and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Performs various clinical laboratory tests, analyzes and interprets test results, and ensures accuracy of same.
- Conducts and attends regular department meetings.
- Assists with data collection or special projects for difficult cases.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Oversees the documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
KA Recruiting Inc.