Director of Human Resources and Volunteer Services
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Kohl Children's Museum of Greater Chicago
The employer is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning.
- Work with Directors and Managers to address, investigate and resolve employee relations issues and concerns.
- Oversee recruitment for all open positions, including sourcing and screening candidates, administering background screens, and completing new hire onboarding tasks.
- Oversee benefits and group insurance plans and perform full benefits administration, including managing open enrollment and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with the CFO to review and administer annual merit process.
- Develop and manage duties of the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Administer annual performance review process.
- Administer FMLA and other leave processes.
- Develop, recommend, and implement HR policies and procedures and maintain the employee handbook.
- Support Museum-wide training and development initiatives.
- Maintain all HR records, including reports, employee files and benefits documents.
- Utilize HRIS database (ADP) to manage employee information, create reports and support payroll processing.
- Participate in various Museum committees to support the overall mission of the Museum.
- Serve as a backup to payroll processing, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- At least 5 years of progressive, broad-based HR experience in a professional environment.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- SHRM or HRCI certification, a plus.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Commitment to managing sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Dependability, flexibility and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions from data, assess implications and make recommendations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an eye for attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Experience with various office technology and HRIS database systems.
- Customer service-led attitude.
- Experience working with or for a nonprofit organization, a plus.