Chief Administrative Officer
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by University of San Diego
The company operates within the Health Care sector.
- The incumbent serves as the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and principal adviser to the Chair of the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) department, a dynamic, excellent, internationally prominent department with a strong interdisciplinary, cutting-edge research portfolio, and attractive and innovative educational programs.
- The CAO is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic planning, implementation and management of all administrative activities in the department. Duties include fiscal management; contracts, grants and gifts; payroll; human resources; student affairs; internal controls and risk management and external affairs including alumni engagement. The incumbent will also oversee the management of research and teaching laboratories, shops and office space and the inventories of all departmental and center space and facilities, as well as their assignment, utilization and safety procedures.
- The CAO exercises maximum initiative, creativity, and leadership within the parameters of the department, center and University policies and regulations to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department. The CAO promotes the division-wide best practices initiative (APEX) and is an active member of the APEX Executive Committee. Additionally, the CAO has a dotted line reporting to the Jacobs School Dean's Office Executive Assistant Dean of Administration and Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated experience with budget, account and fund management and/or personnel management under labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; and/or accounting and payroll.
- Proven experience analyzing large quantities of data (financial, space, workload), identifying objectives and constraints, and developing effective recommendations. Knowledge of and experience working with web-based information systems.
- Demonstrated management and conflict resolution experience to effectively lead and motivate others. Ability to provide leadership in implementing organizational change.
- Strong computer skills. Broad knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing proper risk management practices.
- Proven ability to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate controls and operate effectively within a controlled environment.
- Strong organization and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple important priorities. Proven ability to organize department work functions in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to influence/persuade all levels of staff and work collaboratively with other locations.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a changeable environment.
University of San Diego
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group