Physiology - Associate Professor/MCAT Content Developer
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by UWorld, LLC
Salary: 80K, based on experience
Position Location: Dallas, TX; Relocation assistance available
UWorld is looking for an on-site Physiology Content Developer to contribute to the development of our new MCAT Question Bank. The Physiology Content Developer will collaborate with a team of authors, editors and illustrators to develop a web-based product. We seek individuals with an unending passion for education who strive to develop an exceptional product that contributes to easier and stress-free MCAT preparation.
This ground-floor opportunity is long-term, and the Physiology Content Developer will have the potential to engage in the product life cycle from planning and development to completion and maintenance. Candidates will partner with some of the brightest minds in education and become a part of UWorld's success story.
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about student education and provides growth opportunity with a good work/life balance, UWorld is right for you.
Minimum Education Required:
• Master's degree required, PhD or MD/DO preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
• 5 years of post graduate teaching and/or research experience in physiology, biology, or related field
• Subject matter expertise in Molecular Biology and Physiology
• Passion for education and learning
• Strong scientific writing skills
• Effective problem solving skills and acute attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and analytically and execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
• Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
• Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
• Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
• Ability to adapt quickly, brainstorm, and collaborate in a team setting
• Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
• Ability to write high-quality MCAT passages, questions, and rationales
Reports to the Manager of MCAT Product Development and develops content for the online MCAT Question Bank.
New content production
• Plays a key role in project development, planning, and execution
• Writes MCAT passages and questions with comprehensive rationales
• Revises and provides constructive feedback on content written by other authors
• Generates content that reflects existing blueprint standards and current scientific research
• Applies knowledge that reflects the MCAT blueprint and standardized examination practices for generation of test items
• Validates accuracy and relevance of content generated with other team members
• Collaborates with management and team members to ensure goals are met
• Works with other content experts to identify topics for new product development
• Assists other content team members during peak periods of new content production to ensure that all deadlines are met
• Manages time effectively while multi-tasking
Content revision and quality control
• Works closely with editing and illustration teams to create exceptional content that adheres to UWorld standards
• Responds quickly to user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
• Works collaboratively with team members to provide and receive feedback with tact and diplomacy
• Assists other team members during peak periods of content revision to ensure that all deadlines are met
Technical content management
• Communicates effectively with quality assurance team to resolve technical issues related to content in a timely manner
• Communicates with IT and support teams to troubleshoot exam development problems that inhibit productivity or result in customer dissatisfaction
• Participates in ongoing performance evaluation of current test items in the question bank.
• Recognizes and champions the integrity and security of question bank content and proprietary assets
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
• Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
• Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off
• Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
• 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
• On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
UWorld is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified persons. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, handicap or disability, or age in any of its policies, procedures, or practices in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (pertaining to race, color, and national origin), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (pertaining to handicap), and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (pertaining to age). This non-discriminatory policy covers hiring and employment at the Company.
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.