Manager - Compensation
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
Category Human Resources
With a focus on exceptional service delivery to multiple Blackstone Real Estate Portfolio Companies, the Manager - Compensation will serve as a subject matter expert for internal partners on compensation programs and paying for performance. The Manager - Compensation will play a lead role in developing compensation structures and programs for Revantage and the portfolio companies we support. This role will also administer compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
As the Manager - Compensation, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Lead the evaluation and development of compensation structures for the various portfolio companies.
- In partnership with the Director-People Operations and People & Culture Business Partners, assist with the design analysis on new compensation programs including salary structure design and job title schemes.
- Lead the year-end compensation pay planning process.
- Assist with the onboarding of new portfolio companies by analyzing their current compensation structure and aligning it with our pay for performance philosophy.
- Evaluates and analyzes salary data, determines pay grades, and conducts or participates in compensation surveys.
- Implement and maintain competitive salary ranges.
- Responsible for maintenance of the compensation planning tool.
- Conducts reporting and analysis on compensation practices to identify and strategize gaps and/or future needs.
- Partner with the People & Culture Business Partner and Talent Attraction to identify compensation mix for new roles. Ensures the compensation program enhances the organization's ability to recruit and retain employees through market pay analysis.
- Conduct job evaluations and recommends compensation mix in line with the company's pay philosophy.
- Maintain job description database, job family, and job title schemes.
- Assist in identifying new HR needs and the software products to fulfill these needs.
- May perform a variety of HR administrative tasks including corporate compensation plans and programs.
- A minimum of seven years of compensation experience, including experience in short term incentive and long term incentive pay.
- Experience in implementing compensation tools and software.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including team members, management, external parties.
- Self-motivated with the ability to excel and be flexible in fast-paced, ever changing environments.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws in relation to pay practices.
- Must be discrete and maintain the highest confidentiality with extremely sensitive data.
- Candidate should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources including compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.