Paralegal - Corporate and Operations
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
As part of the Revantage Corporate Services legal team, the Paralegal will assist Revantage's corporate attorneys in a wide range of general corporate and operational matters, including corporate governance support, contracting support, entity formation and management, and litigation and claims tracking. The Paralegal will also perform cross-functional support of transactions on an as-needed basis. In performing these responsibilities, the Paralegal will work primarily with the Revantage legal team, but will also interface with Blackstone and the Blackstone portfolio companies that Revantage supports, across a wide variety of real estate asset classes. In addition, the Paralegal will interact and work with other departments at Revantage, including finance/accounting, tax, treasury, IT and HR.
As the Paralegal - Corporate and Operations, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
CORPORATE AND OPERATIONS SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist attorneys in property operational support function, including preparation of routine operating contracts, access agreements and other operating documents.
- Support entity formation function, including preparing certificates of formation, basic LLC operating agreements and state registration documents. Coordinate filings of same with registered agent.
- File or coordinate filing of entity annual reports.
- Maintain consolidated property lists, entity lists, entity reporting documents, officer slates, authorized signatory lists and signature blocks.
- Draft secretary's and officer's certificates and corporate resolutions.
- Engage with and respond to stakeholders on corporate governance-related questions (including authorized signatories, officers, etc.).
- Maintain litigation and claims log and support litigation function.
- Maintain franchise and management agreement summaries and logs.
- Support attorneys in commercial contracting process (preparing and coordinating execution of signature pages, input of other information, distribution and filing of executed contracts).
- Prepare notices and consent documents relating to corporate function or commercial contracts.
- File migration of existing documents to new company systems or storage methodologies.
- Support special projects and ad hoc requests of attorneys.
- Maintain updated Workflow Mapping Document in areas of responsibility.
- Assist attorneys with time entry, internal reporting and expense reports.
- Filing (electronic and paper) and organization of contracts and other documents.
- Manage Outlook calendar for scheduling.
- Arrange external lunches/dinners and travel in support of attorneys.
- Coding & submitting legal invoices.
- Office support (FedEx, copying, scanning, downloading and saving closing books and obtaining copies from law firms for past or present deals).
- E-billing administrative support.
- Legal Ticket System administrative support.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four to seven years of experience with a law firm or similar in-house position working as a corporate paralegal.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication, counseling and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Paralegal certificate