Data Governance Lead
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
Category Information Technology
Revantage Technology comprises a team of data professionals focused on delivering solutions to improve decision-making, optimize internal business processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights.
The Data Governance Lead will oversee the strategy and execution of the organization's data governance practices which intend to make data available, usable, trusted and secure across the organization. The Data Governance Lead will spearhead initiatives that help mature the organization across all tenets of governance. The successful candidate will serve as the 'on-the ground' force behind governance and data management practices.
As the Data Governance Lead, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data systems
- Document data lineage and processes for business and technical perspective
- Interpret business requirements and implications for data governance processes
- Negotiate vendor and third-party data sources
- Help assess the current state of data processes and identify areas of need
- Document and establish governance maturity measures, data quality rules, and other-related KPIs
- Assist in the sourcing, hiring, and onboarding of team members
- Lead and contribute daily to data management and governance initiatives
- Collaborate with Enterprise Technology teams on fulfilling business requirements and change management
- Bachelor's degree required in Information Science, Data Management, Computer Science or related field
- 10 years of work experience, 5 years in a data governance leadership role within an IT department
- Experience designing and managing a data governance program
- Experience building enterprise data strategies, processes, and models
- Managed data catalog and organizational taxonomy
- Experience leading a team of Data Specialists and Stewards
- Experience in improving data management and operational processes
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects within a dynamic organization
- Experience deriving data quality policies, standards, and related documentation
- Experience soliciting business requirements for the purpose of improving and/or formalizing processes
- Experience with database structure (i.e., data models, schemas) and SQL
- Experience managing compliance with requirements and regulations related to data management (e.g., GDPR, PCI, HIPAA)
- Experience managing and negotiating vendor and third-party data agreements
- Experience transforming industry best-practices and policy requirements to actionable initiatives
- Use of data governance management tools (e.g. Collibra, Alation, Informatica)
Revantage Corporate Services ("Revantage") is a newly-formed organization providing key business services to real estate portfolio companies of the alternative investment firm, The Blackstone Group. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Revantage is a fully-integrated corporate services platform set up to deliver best-in-class services which include accounting, tax, treasury, legal, risk management, technology and human resource capabilities, to a diverse real estate portfolio comprised of multi-family (LivCor), commercial office (EQ Office), hospitality (BRE Hotels and Resorts), industrial (Gateway Industrial Properties) , manufactured housing, retail (ShopCore) and senior living assets (Longview).
Revantage is a forward-thinking company with a highly skilled employee base and a strong commitment to sustainability. Culturally, its professionals are innovative, focused on future trends and requirements, and committed to providing the highest level of service and value. Revantage's primary objective is to provide efficient, scalable, best-in-class corporate services to Blackstone Real Estate, as well as support the operating business of each portfolio company. Revantage's vision is "Partnering in possibilities to unlock our greatest potential, together." Integral to the vision are several values or practices, such as lead with needs, better every day, innovation is a mindset, feedback loop, one team and co-ownership.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Founded in 1991, the company manages approximately $420 billion in assets, including $120 billion in real estate investments with properties located across the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. Major holdings include Willis Tower, The Cosmopolitan Hotel, Invitation Homes (single family homes), Stuytown (New York City), Thompson Reuters Corp., and prime retail and office buildings in the world's major cities. Blackstone real estate also operates one of the leading real estate finance platforms, including management of the publicly traded Blackstone Mortgage Trust.
Selby Jennings Technology