Pre Sales Solution Manager - Azure / AWS
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
As Solutions Manager, you will be part of the Cloud / Data Centre Services Pre-Sales team, reporting to the Head of DCS Pre-Sales. You will act as an advisor, consultant and thought leader for SCC's clients and prospects and will be responsible for delivering tailored solutions drawn from a variety of SCC's established Cloud capabilities as well as provisioning Services from the likes of Azure and AWS etc..
You will provide strategic and tactical leadership across your allocated client engagements, whilst also taking an active role within the development of the solution. Your primary focus will be on delivering cost effective and profitable solutions that meet client requirements, assuring overall quality of all aspects of developed material and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. In order to achieve this you will work closely with disparate teams of subject matter experts, drawn from various parts of the business, including Service and Technical Architects, Operational resource, Commercial Modellers, Transition planning and Legal representatives.
This is a permanent, office based role but there will be an expectation to travel to other sites in the UK as and when required with the potential for occasional international travel.
Main Duties of the Job:
* Supporting the SCC Sales Teams through attending early engagement meetings to proactively introduce, shape and develop Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud opportunities;
* Work with the Customer Management, Service Delivery and Transition Teams to develop or enhance existing services based on market or customer knowledge and feedback;
* Provide leadership as the solution owner for any allocated client opportunity; ensuring all members of the virtual solution team are delivering to the highest standards;
* Lead the client engagement from a solutions perspective, working closely with the Sales lead to ensure the client or prospect is fully engaged and maintains a positive view of SCC throughout the lifecycle of the opportunity;
* Understand and ensure the team adheres to all industry and client specific publications, guidelines and statutory compliance commitments;
* Architect Cloud based solutions in response to customer and prospect requirements;
* Provide solution design detail, including service costings utilising standard cost models;
* Obtain operational sign off of the proposed solution as appropriate;
* Provide detailed responses to service and solution requirements as part of a formal tender process;
* Creation and delivery of all bid material, including written proposals and formal client presentations;
* Lead or participate in due diligence in order to validate architected solutions;
* Provide a solution overview, including costs and services, to the Transition team prior to the commencement of transition and service take-on;
* Completion of all necessary management reports, including providing regular written progress updates within the opportunity tracker;
* Develop internal relationships across various business operating units;
* Contribute to the building of new resilient and repeatable service models and the continual development and enhancement of existing propositions;
* Support the development of relationships with customers and prospects including actively promoting Managed Services solutions through peer to peer engagements;
* Conduct peer reviews of solutions developed by other Solution Managers and Service Architects;
* All other duties as directed by management.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
Experience / Skills Required:
* Minimum five years experience working in a client-facing solution architecture, consulting or service delivery role within the IT services industry, at least two which have involved the development of Cloud based Services solutions.
* Experience of Private / Public and Hybrid Cloud Service Offering including significant experience of Azure and/or AWS
* Experience of working within a Managed Services Provider that delivers a mix of Data Centre, Cloud, Managed and Professional Services;
* Experience of working within bid teams in the production of bid responses and proposals for Cloud solutions;
* Excellent understanding of service methodologies and approaches, preferably with some previous operational management or technical experience;
* Understanding of the key commercial and operational drivers and interdependencies which are inherent within any complex Cloud solution;
* Excellent verbal, written communication and presentations skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentations at a senior level;
* Strong commercial background including contract negotiation skills and demonstrable understanding of the costs associated with the provisions of Cloud solutions;
* Proficient with Microsoft products including the ability to manipulate electronic based documentation.
* Good understanding of service design and commercial modelling for Cloud solutions;
* Security Clearance (SC) there may be a need for SC level clearance to work with some customers