Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
Geotechnical Engineer / Design Manager - Building / Construction - Midlands
The role will be to form part of our clients ever expanding technical team specifically reviewing geotechnical submissions and getting involved early with tenders.
What makes it great?
-Very low staff turnover, in fact ridiculously low, has to be one of the lowest in the industry. Excellent sign that they look after their staff.
-Professional & friendly team environment, even on site!
-Excellent relationships and a prompt payer to subcontractors and suppliers.
-High standards of excellence on site, strive for high quality
-Big enough to keep you busy, but small enough to know your name, excellent option if you are fed up of being treated like just another number.
-Diversity of projects, commercial, industrial, student accommodation, Care Homes, Hotels and Infrastructure.
-Excellent opportunity for career progression, going through a period of organic growth.
-Excellent salary and benefits package including, car allowance / family healthcare / competitive pension / x 2 bonuses a year. Also well known for regular pay rises.
My client is a leading building & civil engineering main contractor, with a busy and fast growing workload.
This employer is looking to strengthen their in-house Design team further with the appointment of a Geotechnical Engineer to review geotechnical submissions and getting involved early with tenders. Working on a range of Building Sector & Infrastructure projects.
Multi-Million Pound Projects live and ready to go.
* Reviewing geotechnical submissions and getting involved early with tenders.
* Review Geotechnical design of foundations, slopes and retaining walls
* Inspection of slopes and retaining structures
* Development of geotechnical projects and all associated documents.
* Working with your team to prepare technical reports
* Dealing with project related correspondence
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
* Undertake site surveys when required
* Work in collaboration with the other divisions including Commercial and Delivery
* Carrying out work that complies with the specified Quality Plan and Design Procedures
* Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
* Liaise with external consultancies and sub-contractors.
* Attend design team meetings.
To be considered for this Geotechnical Engineer role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Building and / or Civil Engineering Sector.
- Previous employment as a Geotechnical Engineer
- Ideally previous Main Contractor employment but not essential. Candidates will also be considered from a Design Engineering Consultancy or Sub-contractor background.
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc).
- Flexibility to visit sites.
The successful Geotechnical Engineer will receive:
*£40,000 - £60,000 Basic (Dependant on experience)
*Car / Allowance
*Pension (very competitive).
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency
Pioneer Selection Ltd
CV Screen Ltd