Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by ESPN
- Be a core contributor to the development, enhancement and maintenance of the ESPN's video hub watchespn.com
- Develop and maintain video players and components that enable inline video content across ESPN websites
- Contribute to cross platform architectural planning and development practices of the entire team
- Work closely with ESPN consumer product owners and app design teams to specify, design and plan the development of existing video products for new platforms, improvement of existing video products and development of special features.
- Work closely with Project Management to plan project work for yourself and fellow team members in an agile manner.
- Collaborate with other ESPN technology teams providing fundamental pieces of the digital video ecosystem including, core content APIs, video workflow, video encoding & distribution and configuration management.
- Participate in the selection of vendors contracted to augment engineering staff and oversee the engineering efforts executed by them
- 5+ years of relevant professional software development experience
- A strong understanding of XML, JSON, HTML5 and CSS
- A strong understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- Strong understanding of multi-tier web architectures, and OO design patterns and concepts
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented and iterative programming environment with a disposition for keeping up with latest technologies.
- 2+ years experience with one of the following - Java, Swift or Objective C
- Experience developing applications that include audio or video streaming with HLS
- Experience building a significant consumer app that is currently available in the marketplace
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, engineering or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.