Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Puma North America Inc.
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 13,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Collaborate with the Wholesale Merchandising team through all phases of product life cycle, from preseason product range planning and in-season trend analysis
- Support the development of strategic business plans at distribution channel, market classification, and business unit levels for footwear, apparel and accessories
- Perform and provide ongoing analysis of Merchandising metrics, including style/article efficiency, sales volume and profitability targets
- Develop seasonal line architecture framework by Channel/Key Account, including recommended style count, price points, color and delivery flow for optimal results
- Provide ongoing updates to Merchandising and Sales counterparts on business development as it relates to forecasts, identifying trends, and highlighting performance that exceeds or falls short of expectations
- Leverage internal and external data sources such as sell thru and BI to create analysis, interpret results and report findings to Planning Manager, Merchandising and Sales counterparts
- Conduct market/competitive research and trend analysis to drive critical decision making
- Support the forecasting process by delivering plans to the merchandising team and analyzing at each stage in the development process
- Consolidate, analyze and submit all Merchandising product forecasts to global organization
- Align with Sales Planning team on annual and seasonal budgets, plans and forecasts to ensure cohesive target setting and internal communication
- Collaborate closely with Merchandising counterparts to create ongoing dialogue regarding channel-specific planning, performance and trends
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Merchandising or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Merchandising or Product Planning in either Wholesale or Retail organization
- Experience in a Retail buying or planning environment preferred
- Successful track record and reputation of exceeding performance expectations
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude and retail math knowledge
- Strong collaboration skills required to work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sales and Sales Planning
- Comprehensive business knowledge of the US marketplace and consumer goods practices including: distribution channels, pricing, segmentation strategy, product planning, forecasting and sales
- Ability to organize and present data, findings, and recommendations to key stakeholders in the organization both in writing and verbally in a simple and compelling manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with short timelines and changing priorities
- Flexible, solution-oriented, skilled communicator and relationship builder
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimal travel required
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: