Mountain Hardwear Graphic Designer
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Columbia Sportswear
- Design and produce graphics for ecommerce, social media, digital advertising, presentation decks, and other digital marketing collateral.
- Design and produce graphics for print, including advertising, catalogues, hangtags/packaging, in-store POP, and environmental graphics.
- Utilize a process-based approach to create new and innovative design concepts.
- Produce strategic assets that bring the Mountain Hardwear brand to life, with a keen consideration for design trends, the outdoor industry, and cultural shifts.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the design team, cross-functional team members, and seasonal contractors to arrive at creative design solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Design team to ensure holistic brand storytelling.
- Ability to turn brand-right ideas in to culturally relevant design solutions that resonate with our target consumer.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and meet quick turn-around deadlines.
- Ability to think with a holistic and omni-channel lens to ensure that creative is relevant for sell-in (trade-facing) and sell-through (consumer-facing).
- Self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to crush it in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Present and communicate creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to variety of stakeholders.
- Work in close communication with Graphic Designer III about workload and project updates.
- 2-5 years creative expertise in design and layout of digital and printed work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions, while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Proven design process and application, including concepting, drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, and spatial design.
- Strong understanding of web, social, and digital best practices.
- Photo editing/retouching.
- Expert knowledge of: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Must be ok with (or ideally excited to) work in a dog-friendly office environment.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age