Sr Systems Administrator
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by ESPN
- Work with internal groups to gather requirements
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Maintaining relationships with local and international counterparts
- Coordinates and/or performs upgrades to system hardware and software
- Participates in ensuring or ensures that all security requirements are met or exceeded
- Coordinated and priorities the on-site activities of technicians
- Assists with troubleshooting of systemic issues and problems
- Participates in the day-to-day administration and maintenance of ESPN's client and server infrastructure
- Generate, manage, and monitor change controls in support for the ITIL framework
- Ability to follow documented SOP and suggest changes to the documentation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT, or similar industries.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and associated components (i.e. DNS, IPAM, ADSS, GPO)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and hardware
- Strong work ethic and the ability to creatively accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary
- Possesses strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and systems engineers
- Ability to document and present information to management in a clear and concise format
- Basic understanding of hyperconverged platforms
- ESX virtual environments
- Knowledge of HP Synergy and OneView
- HP Blade Infrastructure (includes HP C7000 enclosures and virtual connect)
- Ability to deliver technical documentation
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements aligned with senior leadership direction.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent job experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.