Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by The University of Mount Union
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
The University of Mount Union is seeking an assistant men's soccer coach. This 10-month part-time position will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the NCAA Division III collegiate varsity program. Must have a clear understanding of NCAA Division III rules and philosophy, a commitment to recruiting, developing and graduating quality student-athletes. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the following coaching duties including, but not limited to, planning and facilitation of training sessions, game preparation, recruiting, and scheduling.
Manage, coordinate and develop all aspects of a successful men's soccer program including but not limited to:
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, OAC and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines
- Organizing, preparing and executing effective training and game plan strategies
- Assist in managing successful daily operations of the men's soccer program: budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements, and game day organization
- Monitoring student-athletes academic progress
- Working with goalkeepers is preferred but not required
- Fostering a cooperative work environment and providing mutual support with all constituencies and colleagues
- Representing the program and University of Mount Union with sportsmanship, integrity and professionalism
- Perform other athletic department duties as assigned by the athletic director
- Bachelor's degree required
- Coaching and/or relevant competitive experience preferred
- Ability to identify and recruit student-athletes
- High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to successfully impart knowledge and motivate learning in student athletes
- Strong ethical character, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Sport specific knowledge
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position
- Certified in or ability to be certified in CPR/AED
- Commitment to diversity
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to travel, maintain a valid driver's license and be able to secure and maintain certification to drive university vehicle
Expectations: Uphold the high professional standard of conduct expected of each person on campus as outlined in our Employee Handbook. Build positive interpersonal relationships in and out of the athletic department by attending College functions, both social and professional; staff meetings; faculty meetings; serving on committees; etc.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee's request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.