Growth Product Analyst
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Nike
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be.
We are a growing team within Nike's Consumer Knowledge Center of Excellence (COE), responsible for building a holistic view of the Nike consumer's experience through data and analytics, and applying those insights to inform the development & growth of Nike's digital experiences.
The Growth Analytics Analyst role will support the application of consumer analytics solutions for a variety of initiatives across the Nike digital portfolio, potentially including new innovation projects, new market expansion or new business model research to accelerate the growth of Nike's Digital Portfolio. This role will work closely with other members of the Digital Product Analytics team within the Consumer Knowledge COE as well as in close partnership with the Digital Growth team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a digital product analytics function with a demonstrated aptitude for understanding the connection of experience analytics to overall strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop global forecast models for digital product growth
- Champion knowledge transfer of digital growth models to partners working across geographies in support of key business processes and leadership requests
- Partner with digital product teams to develop consistent methods of assessing potential opportunity value across new features, expansion, etc...
- Work with Strategy and Partnerships teams to assist validation and sizing of new business development opportunities from the point of view of consumer utility
- Champion a holistic view of consumer digital activity across the portfolio of products, acting as the lead analyst to consolidate and build on findings across individual experiences that contribute to overall strategic goals of Nike's Direct and Digital organizations
- Become a subject matter expert in Nike's Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and its contribution to digital portfolio growth, alongside other strategies of cross ecosystem promotion
- Work on key digital analytics projects using your data mining, data wrangling, qualitative and quantitative analytics skills with an open mind for new creative solutions
- Translate complex and sometimes abstract analytics problems and solutions to business leaders
- Where appropriate, facilitate the scaling of analytics capabilities through the handover, including documentation, of work to longer term owners
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, operations research, or behavioral sciences is preferred.
- 3-4 years' experience executing quantitative analysis on digital apps, digital commerce, or digital marketing experiences
- Experience working with growth forecasting and strategy a plus
- Obsessed with quality, data wrangling, and building repeatable forecasting capabilities
- Desire to educate stakeholders and partners to execute critical analytics and forecasting jobs on their own
- Experience using analytics to understand digital consumer behavior and identify opportunities to accelerate digital growth.
- Experience with web analytics applications (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Fluency in SQL (Hive, Impala) or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with a statistical package is a plus (i.e. R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.).
- Experience with data visualization tools is a plus (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.).
- An understanding the current digital product landscape, particularly mobile web, iOS and Android apps & data sources is a plus.
- Desire to manage a complex portfolio of work in a fast moving, dynamic team & business environment.