Software Eng III
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by ESPN
As a Software Engineer III focused on fantasy front-end engineering at ESPN, you will help build and maintain complex web applications that are enjoyed by fans across the globe.
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Enjoy watching or playing sports
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at ESPN is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with sports fans, however and wherever they connect with sports.
- Architect and develop core site functionality using ES6 and React
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior engineers
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Proven understanding of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self motivated
- Minimum 4 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.